The "Passport to Belize" Contest
is now open!
*Round of applause*
Girls that followed through with the passport application process and got their very first passports through Phase 1 of The Passport Party Project are invited to enter to win an opportunity to get their very first passport stamp on an all-expenses paid trip to Belize!*
Photo Credit: LILY LILY Photography
We'll be staying at Ramon's Village Resort on Belize's Ambergris Caye!
Click here for more info about this authentic resort!
We'll travel together, laugh together, play together, eat together, go on cultural excursions together, and volunteer together.
It. will. be. a. blast.
What are you waiting for?
Go for it. ;-)
And good luck!
PASSPORT TO BELIZE ENTRY DATES
8:00 AM PT May 17, 2013 - 11:59 PM PT June 3, 2013
June 4-10, 2013
|Here Come The Judges > http://ow.ly/l74Wp|
June 17, 2013
Read the Official Rules below carefully.
Your entry will be disqualified if it does not meet the requirements below.
If you do not have your passport, you do not qualify.
If you renewed your passport at a passport party, you do not qualify.
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to individuals who attended a Passport Party Event sponsored by the Passport Party Project, and hold a first-time current unexpired U.S. Passport. Passport renewals are ineligible. Invitations are not transferable. If you are under the age of majority in your primary state or country of residence, which is eighteen (18) in most U.S. states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska, and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi (“Minor”), you must get your parent’s or legal guardian’s consent to enter the Contest.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is co-sponsored by OBG LLC dba The Passport Party Project, with offices located at 386 17th Street, Oakland, CA 94612 and Expedia, Inc., 333 108th Avenue NE, Bellevue, WA 98004 (“Sponsors”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you (or your parent/legal guardian if you are a Minor) indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsors’ decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Contest begins at 8:00 AM PT on May 17, 2013 and ends at 11:59 PM PT on June 3, 2013 (the “Entry Period”). The Sponsors’ computer at the official email address below is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. Contest Overview: Each invited participant will write an original essay no less than 300 words and no more than 500 words, addressing the question “What does global citizenship mean to you?” In addition, participants must submit a photo of themselves holding their passport (creativity counts!), and two (2) letters of recommendation, no longer than one page, from a teacher, community leader or coach who is not related to the participant.
6. How to Submit: Participants will submit their essays, scanned letters of recommendation and photo by email to PassportToBelize@aol.com. All submissions must be complete and be sent in one email. Any entry received after the end of the Entry Period will not be considered.
7. Determining the Winner: At the completion of the Entry Period, a panel of Judges, including Sponsors, will review and choose best essays based on originality and how well the participant answers the question. Up to six (6) winning essays will be chosen. The decision of the Judges is final.
8. Winner Notification and Requirements: The potential winners will be notified by email (sent to the email address provided by the entrant when entering) and/or telephone, in Sponsors’ discretion, on or about June 14, 2013. Potential winners must claim their prize by June 17, 2013, or it will be forfeited, and Sponsors may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Only six (6) alternate entrants will be contacted. The potential winners will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release in order to receive the prize. If a potential winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to sign the documents on his/her behalf. If a potential winner fails to return the signed documents in a timely manner, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner.
*9. Prize: All expense paid trip from Dallas, Texas** to Belize for the participant and one adult parent or legal guardian the week of July 22, 2013. Accompanying parent or legal guardian must have a current unexpired U.S. passport. Trip includes roundtrip coach airfare from Dallas to Belize, 6 nights hotel room, double occupancy, transportation to and from hotel, ground transportation in Belize as arranged by the Sponsors, and three meals per day, as arranged by the Sponsors. TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM DALLAS NOT INCLUDED. One (1) set of luggage from The eBags Brand for each winner and each winner's parent or guardian. One (1) custom Belize map necklace from Paper and Place. All other costs, including cost of transportation from participant’s home to and from Dallas, are not included and must be paid for by participant. Any prize details not specified above will be determined by Sponsors, in its sole discretion. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. A winner may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsors may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes according to the procedures set forth above. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Contest, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Failure by Sponsors to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsors by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsors. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Contest, you (or your parent/legal guardian on your behalf if you are a Minor) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors, their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the email platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
**Don't worry about the cost of getting to Dallas just yet. We can talk about it if you win. ;-)
* * *
Please vote for Phase 2 of The Passport Party Project every day through June 3, 2013.
Your votes matter.
Click here to register and vote!!!