Pages - Menu

Friday, July 8, 2011

Passport Power!

This original blog post is courtesy of Leslie - a twentysomething career girl with an obsessive love of travel - who blogs at Career Girl Travels, a travel blog for the working professional.  Give in to the wanderlust...
***
Dear Passport,
Let’s just start with the hard truth.  I’ll be honest – I never really gave a second thought about having you.  Growing up you were kind of on par with my library card – something mom made me apply for.  Gripping you in my playground-stained hands at the age of 9 when I took my first trip out of the country (remember Alberta?) was cool, but I didn’t know why.  All I know is I’ve never been without you since, and the older I get, the more I appreciate you.  Your wonderful leathery cover, your glossy front page, your full, colorful pages.  
Confession time: Even though you are heavily-stickered, inky and slightly bent, I’ll admit you’re one of my most prized possessions.  You might be a little nondescript booklet, but you’re the gateway to worlds beyond, places I have only dreamt of, places I could never have imagined.
Read more here.