Pages - Menu

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Please Vote...and Refresh Everything

I met travel junkie Michela Baxter of My Battered Suitcase at TBEX.  She showed her enthusiastic support of The Passport Party Project right away by writing a blog post and then shortly thereafter tweeting that she had already raised the money for five passports.  Naturally, Michela is a superstar in my book.  And truth be told, I got a little choked up.
But yesterday, I cried.  You see, Miss Superstar submitted an application for a $25,000 Pepsi Refresh Everything grant in the hopes of not only throwing a Passport Party for 10 girls in Ohio, but in sending those same 10 girls on their first trip abroad.  And even though Michela's enthusiastic effort wasn't written down on my Project Plan, it is now.


Look, some of the flames of support have died since TBEX, and I sort of expected that to some degree.  But Michela's flame is burning bright...like the supportive star she is.  Thank you, Michela.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Voting ends August 31.  Top 10 in each category get funded.  Please vote daily.