Pages - Menu

Thursday, June 28, 2012

So All May Eat

When I got the mystery virus that's going around Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos Islands, I didn't just get sick, I got mad.  Not only was I laid up for over a week, but I had to postpone The Denver Passport Party originally scheduled for June 13.  Grrrrr.  I really don't like disappointing children.

But here's where I get all happy and stuff.

I just re-scheduled The Denver Passport Party for July 16...but not at the magnificent Brown Palace Hotel & Spa where the party was to have taken place.  Instead, this full day of global awareness and travel talk will go down at SAME Café, the first non-profit restaurant in Denver where the patrons set the price for their mostly local organic cuisine.

Everyone, regardless of economic status,
deserves the chance to eat healthy food while
being treated with dignity.
Good food for the Greater Good.

Global awareness isn't merely about traveling to faraway places, is it?  It's also about being aware locally...in our own backyards. 

I'm excited that The Passport Party Project will host the girls from Smart Girl at SAME Café.  It's going to be a good day.  I can just feel it.







See also Humanity With Food.