Pages - Menu

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

About Shining

 
One of the nicest things about serving others is getting a few "Atta Girl"s every now and then.  It's akin to putting just a little more gas into a gas tank that isn't empty; it simply makes you feel that much more secure about the road ahead.
 
A few days ago, Pattie Cordova of Living Mi Vida Loca nominated me for a Yahoo! Women Who Shine award for my work with The Passport Party Project (the prize is $10,000) and it was a lovely surprise!  While I won't be campaigning for votes, I really do appreciate this very public Atta Girl and have been sharing it on my social media networks because I sincerely appreciate being acknowledged for what has become my legacy.  It's worth more than $10,000 any day of the week (although if you do the math, that equates to the fees for 95 (youth) passports. Hmmm.).
 
Anywho...  The Chicago Passport Party is in a few days and I've got work to do.  Thanks for the gas, folks.  It matters.  A lot. 
 
*Curtsy*