Pages - Menu

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Passport Party Project

This thoughtful blog post was written by Amanda, a curious world traveling mom of two busy boys, a foodie at heart who is addicted to social media, and lover of all things Moroccan.  Her blog is MarocMama, where she discusses cultural insights on Morocco; shares traditional, fusion, and re-invented Moroccan recipes; and much much more.
***
Sixteen was a big year for me. I got my drivers’ licence, my first passport and my first trip out of the country. Most kids pine for their drivers licence, to open up all kinds of new opportunity and freedom. For me, my first passport held that same promise. For years and years I dreamed, read, wrote and waited for my opportunity to travel internationally. I knew there was so much more outside of the small Midwestern town I grew up in. I couldn’t wait to see and taste the world.  Read more here.