Pages - Menu

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

2013-14 National Geographic Traveler of the Year


I am proud and humbled to announce that I have been named as one of National Geographic Traveler's "2013 Travelers of the Year" for my work with The Passport Party Project. Do you believe it?!?!? I am overwhelmed with gratitude. To be in the company of so many thoughtful travelers is quite the compliment. Click here for the profile. =)



When I got the email months ago while out of the country that I was being vetted, I was SO honored. I tried not to think about winning either. Who nominated me? I thought. How did this happen? And then I got word that I had actually been selected. Seriously? I wondered and squealed at the same time. Is this a mistake? But, alas no. It wasn't a mistake after all. The Passport Party Project matters. The Passport Party Project is not a mistake.

And so. If you think that encouraging newly-minted teen passport holders to travel with heart is inspiring, please consider voting for me for People's Choice Traveler of the Year as an added bonus. It would mean a lot. You can vote once daily through October 25, 2013.

Thank you for your ongoing support and encouragement... from the bottom of my heart.